Re: Debian Maintainers GR Proposal

Joey Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> writes:
> Hmm.  By continueing to maintain your packages but losing voting rights
> you would still be part of the community but without the slightest chance
> to change anything.  I guess, I didn't get your rationale.  Err... Care
> to help me?

I do admit that my way of thinking here might be very different from
the rest of the DD's.

I feel that if I'm a voting member, I am more or less responsible for
all the actions taken by the developer body, ie. the GR's and
elections. Of course, most GR's and elections where my opinion loses
are such that I can still live with the winning opinion. There are
some opinions in the project, however, that I could not live with if
they were endorsed by the project.

If I'm not part of the community, I'm freed of that responsibility.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *