Re: Questions Regarding Delegates

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Probably. But what is the purpose of not being able to delegate to
> the DPL then? I doubt it was added just to make sure that people
> understand that delegation means sharing power with someone else.

We should ask the constitution writers (Ian Jackson?) to know their
intention.

But, as far as I interpret it, it is a way to let his hands clear to :
  - do his administrative and technical DPL tasks;
  - be free from conflicts of interests;
  - represent every single DD or team;
  - be impartial and objective so as to mediate correctly.

(all these four are closely related to each other)

This is also generally done in political systems: one cannot be
President and Mayor at the same time.

Well, the only problem I see is the loss of knowledge in teams where the
DPL was involved. But this should not be a huge issue because assistants
can be promoted in teams and the old DPL can be delegated again by the
new one. Otherwise, it is more a problem of knowledge management.

--
Mohammed Adnène Trojette