Re: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
> Julien BLACHE wrote:
> > Could be at the request of the Project, via a GR I think, if the DPL
> > was, say, unwilling to act and fix a broken situation wrt
> > infrastructure administration and developer access to the said
> > infrastructure.
>
> Unlikely.  SPI usually has a defined authorisationship with an associated
> project, this refers to people, not the project as a whole or their
> developers or their internal voting results.  However, a GR should be
> able to kick the DPL out of leadership and the next vote would install
> a new DPL who would then have a say.

That's almost the opposite of my understanding: SPI refers to projects
and their decision-making as a whole, not particular people in them.

SPI says the following on project management:

Each Project has its own formal or informal internal structure and
procedures. SPI will not interfere in the internal decision making
of Projects, unless this is requested by the Project or its rules and
procedures. [+2 more paragraphs]
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004-08-10-iwj.1

What says SPI only listens to the DPL, not the project?  AIUI, the DPL
is appointed as an adviser to SPI's board, not a veto.

Puzzled,
--
MJR/slef