Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

I just want to say that I am deeply dismayed by the turn events
have been taking.

I have a lot of respect for both A.J. and Manoj.

But I don't see a reasonable basis for this disagreement -- this
feels more like venting under high pressure (mostly the Etch
release, I think).

In that context, if I might take some liberties with each of their
earlier position statements:

AJ: 'decisions specific to this release should be thought about
before they're applied to future releases.'

Manoj: 'decisions specific to this release have relevance both
now and in the context of future releases'

Of course, more is involved here than just position
statements.  In addition to talking past each other,
each seems to be taking action as he sees fit.  [Which,
frankly, is how we are supposed to approach problems.]

Both statements are correct.  Potential decisions made
incorrectly under the aegis of either position are survivable.
Albeit, painfully -- this entire process seems painful.

I'm not going to recommend anything here -- I think that this
whole situation is the rather inevitable fallout which tends
to follow in the wake of mis-communication.  And,
recommendations do not solve mis-communication.

--
Raul