Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

Hurray for another vote. Or how stupid management decisions bring us in
endless discussion loops.

Le mercredi 25 octobre 2006 à 21:40 +0200, Martin Wuertele a écrit :
> I disagree with the Policy delegation decision of our DPL [1] and
> therefore propose a resolution as defined in section 4.2.2 of the Debian
> constitution to delay the decision of the Debian Project Leader keeping
> the Package Policy Committee as defined[2] in place until the Debian
> Project Leader has found at least three people "who'll be active in
> maintaining policy according to the policy process"[3] and delegates
> them. Consequently the REJECT for uploads of debian-policy must be
> removed.
>
> My reason for this proposal is the impression the revocation of the
> delegation is based on the disagreement of the interpretation of the
> policy between the chair of the Package Policy Committee and the Debian
> Project Leader.
>
> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/10/msg00233.html
> [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00017.html
> [3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/10/msg00238.html

Seconded.
--
Josselin Mouette                /\./\

"Do you have any more insane proposals for me?"