Re: Proposal to delay the decition of the DPL of the withdrawal of the Package Policy Committee delegation

Martin Wuertele <maxx@debian.org> writes:
> I disagree with the Policy delegation decision of our DPL [1] and
> therefore propose a resolution as defined in section 4.2.2 of the Debian
> constitution to delay the decision of the Debian Project Leader keeping
> the Package Policy Committee as defined[2] in place until the Debian
> Project Leader has found at least three people "who'll be active in
> maintaining policy according to the policy process"[3] and delegates
> them. Consequently the REJECT for uploads of debian-policy must be
> removed.

Actually, we really cannot vote on this as such, as the Secretary has
already ruled [1] that the DPL has no power to delegate the
responsibility for the policy manual, as that would contradict the
powers of the Technical Committee. So, AIUI any vote should first be
taken on the ruling on the constitution, as I don't think we can force
the DPL (or the ftpmasters) to take an unconstitutional action.

We can of course force the DPL to allow the TC members to have upload
access to debian-policy.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-policy/2006/10/msg00164.html

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *