Re: Call for votes (Was: kernel firmwares: GR proposal)

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:20:37PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 09:51:32PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > i now release the call for vote, and ask for a vote to be held with the
> > original proposal from Frederik, which has had enough seconds since August 31.
>
> As a point of order, the original proposal from Frederik was superseded once
> he accepted Manoj's amendment, and several of the seconders of the original
> proposal also seconded the amended proposal, indicating their acceptance of
> the amendment.  Under the constitution, this means the proposal must get a
> new proposer and the seconds must be re-established in order to have a
> formal proposal.

Yeah, i know, Manoj told that. I wonder why it is not possible to keep the old
proposal ongoing, the same way a seconder can retake a proposal the original
proposer retire, not sure this makes sense.

That said, i consider that this proposal currently under vote is not a good
one, that i have been wronged when i agreed to delay the original call to vote
on the DPLs urging, since it is clear that all the effort i have done is now
showed in the trashcan, since we are voting on Manoj's proposal, which will
mean we have to get ride of a number of firmwares, among them the tg3
firmware, which is contrary to the result of the kernel team position
statement and will.

Frederik i don't understand why you did let that happen, and why you didn't at
least second the proposal we worked on together.

Friendly,

Sven Luther