Re: Asking for the ban of Frans Pop from debian-vote ... (Was: [AMENDMENT]: Release Etch now, with source-less but legal and freely licensed firmware)

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 12:27:04PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 06:26:01PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > i now officially ask for Frans Pop to be banned from debian-vote,
>
> As per 4.2(5) of the constitution, it's required that any developer
> may post to the list designated for proposals, sponsors, amendments,
> calls for votes and other formal actions, which is -vote. So aiui,
> developers cannot be banned from -vote.

Then we sure can require that he asks a third party to read and forward his
mails. Or he can show proper behaviour, and not take ad-hominem (even
disguised ones) attacks against posters holding opinion he disaproves of.

This was already the behaviour he showed in all the dispute over the technical
details of the d-i team, ever since last fall, and why he had me outcast from
the d-i team, and why i asked for your mediation back in spring.

Friendly,

Sven Luther