Re: Summary? (Or: my vote is for sale!)

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006, Marc Haber wrote:
> For the "editorial changes" GR, I didn't have the time to follow the
> entire flamewar and voted in belief that the changes were indeed
> editorial because I believed in the text in the CfV.

As much as I hate to be caustic,[1] if DDs don't have time to exercise
their franchise completely, by examining the proposals in detail and
thinking about the repercussions they have, then they should vote the
null ballot, ranking all options equally. Voting based on incomplete
understanding over many years is what has lead my country to be in its
current position.[2]

Don Armstrong

1: Although some of you in the peanut gallery may claim that I enjoy
it...
2: If you want to commiserate or comment on this, please do so
privately.
--
Debian's not really about the users or the software at all. It's a
large flame-generating engine that the cabal uses to heat their coffee