Re: Splitting out Choice #1 from vote_004

Le mardi 26 septembre 2006 à 13:56 +0200, Frans Pop a écrit :
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 11:49, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I agree with Don.  If this proposal is going to go to a vote, it should
> > go to a vote separately from the votes about exceptions, so that we can
> > get a clear answer to the exception question without the outcome being
> > tainted by either voter confusion leading to strategic voting, or
> > orthogonal statements that are widely supported by the community but
> > which tell us nothing about what we should do for etch.
>
> I can agree that the vote should be separate from the exceptions for Etch.
> However, I do not think Don's proposal should stand on its own without
> amendments or counter-proposals and that was the main point of my
> objection.

I definitely agree. The proposals, as standing now, are all entangled,
and having them separated would mean we'd have to rethink them in this
context and propose other amendments. That may lead to a marginally
clearer choice, but frankly, if we delay the vote until we have the
perfect proposal, it will never happen.

Manoj, is there anything preventing to start the vote right now?