Re: Resolutions concerning dunc-tank

Loïc Minier wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2006, Ian Jackson wrote:
>> Third resolution `We do not want to state an opinion':
>>  -8<-
>>   1. The Developers note the existence and activities
>>      of the dunc-tanc project.
>>
>>   2. We do not believe it appropriate for the Project as a whole to
>>      address dunc-tank in a General Resolution.
>>  ->8-
>
>  So, if this resolution wins the vote, it will contradict itself since
>  we will have had a GR on Dunc yet we find it not appropriate to
>  have one?

Technically it's not a contradiction: DDs can vote to behave
inappropriately.  :-)  Still, it's poor wording.  I suggest the following
amendment to Ian:

Replace clause 2 of third resolution with:

2. The Project as a whole chooses not to express any further opinion on
   dunc-tank at this time.  This constitutes neither approval nor
   disapproval.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...