Re: Counter-proposal: reaffirm support for the elected DPL

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006, Loïc Minier wrote:

> The Debian Project reaffirms its support to its DPL.
>
> The Debian Project does not object to the experiment named "Duck
> Tank"

   I do not like how this "not objecting" might be interpreted as
support. I want Debian to neither object nor not object. If it is to be
unassociated with the experiment, I want Debian to clearly state that it
is by no ways associated with the experiment.

> The Debian Project wishes success to projects funding Debian or
> helping towards the release of Etch.

   I do not like how this statement implies that the position of Debian
is that Dunc-Tank helps towards the release of Etch. It might be or
might not be helping, and that will be for Debian to decide /after/ it
has happened.

--
Sam.