Re: Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

Le jeu 21 septembre 2006 18:04, Graham Wilson a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 01:08:17PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > If aj's stops beeing a member of dunc-tank, and do not works
> > publicily for that dunc-tank, then I remove my second here, he can
> > stay as DPL. If he prefers dunc-tank, and work for it, he must not
> > be a delegate anymore, and especialy not DPL.
>
> Is this a suitable compromise? Are there enough people upset with
> dunc-tank to even try to reach a compromise on the issue?

there is IMHO two distinct issues with dunc-tank:
 (1) the conflict of interests that motivated my second ;
 (2) the idea of the project itself.

  I do not agree with dunc-tank, but there is nothing that I can do
against it, as it has been on purpose kept away from the project, so
the debate about dunc-tank does not belong here, on -vote.

  And there is the problem that delegates that can take decisions in
debian are involved in dunc-tank. If Aj decide not to be involved in
dunk-tank anymore, then the problem (1) disappears. Only remains (2),
but (2) has not to be solved or discussed through a recall procedure,
that would be a blatant ad-hominem attack, while in my mind it's not.

  I'd say that I'm not more comfortable with Steve McIntyre beeing
involved and a DPL-assistant (or whatever name his position has)
either, so if Aj stops beeing involved with dunc-tank, (1) is in fact
half solved.

  I obviously only speak for myself.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit