Proposal: Recall the Project Leader

Hi,

Anthony Towns ends up his announce[1] about dunc-tank.org with these
two paragraphs:

    The first article[2] on the topic's already been
    published; with one somewhat inaccuracy - this is not a
    Debian project, and is being specifically handled outside
    of Debian to both ensure that any conflict of interest
    that might occur can be decided by Debian in Debian's
    favour, and to allow other groups that have different
    ideas about what priorities are important to encourage
    contributions to those areas.

    A question that has been raised is whether the
    organisation can be sufficiently "outside" of Debian when
    the DPL is intimately involved.  I don't have the answer
    to that - in my opinion it can be, but whether this one is
    will be up to Debian to decide.

The article's title mentioned in the first paragraph is: "Debian
experiments with funding group to release 'etch' on time".  Even
if Anthony Towns and other Dunc-tankers claim that their project
is not affiliated to Debian, external people will still see this
project as being handled by the Debian Project Leader, and thus
implicitly by the Debian project.

But we, Debian developers, can make this confusion vanish, and I
would like to propose that we answer to the valid question quoted
in the second paragraph above by recalling our Project Leader, as
allowed by our Constitution (section 4.1.1) and am seeking seconds
for this proposal.

Denis Barbier

[1] http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/2006/09/19#2006-09-19-omg
[2] http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1964607233;fp;4194304;fpid;1