Re: Proposal - Defer discussion about SC and firmware until after the Etch release

Steve Langasek wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 01:47:18AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
>> The project acknowledges that a lot of progress has been made with regard
>> to the removal from the distribution (main) of "software" that could be
>> considered non-free given the current wording of the Social Contract.
>> However, in some cases for valid reasons, this work is not finished and
>
> I suggest striking the above phrase, which adds nothing of substance to
> the resolution.

I assumed that it implied that in some cases it was not for valid reasons.

Yes, definitely adds emotive content for no good reason.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...