Re: Draft ballot for the assets constitutional GR

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:28:15 +0100, MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> said:

> Previously, the proposal has been named on the ballot, such as:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/03/msg00003.html

        Very short proposal, so full text was on the ballot as
 well. Also, more than a up/down vote.

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/06/msg00004.html

        The full text does not seem to be present on this one -- but
 there were multiple options, so needed names to disambiguate.

> and even when there's only one option:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/06/msg00004.html

> Also, if there is no material from the proposal in the ballot, how
> do the wordings "consequently" decide the form of it? (constitution
> A.2.3)

        Apparently, the proposer and the secretary both felt that the
 form on the ballot was OK -- or do you have a better idea what the
 proposer of the  GR wanted?

> Finally, if comments are unwelcome, why bother posting a draft
> ballot with a message that suggests it's OK to comment?

        I never said comments were not welcome. I also never said I'd
 blindly agree to whatever people commented.

        manoj
--
"You know, we've won awards for this crap." David Letterman