Re: Proposal - Amendment - allow hardware support from non-free into the debian system

Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT>
> mjr@phonecoop.coop wrote:
> >the non-free archive area which conform to all Debian Free Software
> >Guidelines except guideline 2 (Source Code), or an archive section/area
> >with equivalent requirements.
> This may include proprietary kernel drivers and will exclude important
> firmwares which are not legally modifiable. Both too much and too little
> at the same time.

How would you exclude proprietary kernel drivers while allowing important
firmwares which are not legally modifiable?

Do you think that Steve Langasek's original proposal would exclude/allow
those in that way?

> I would otherwise support a similar amendment, but I
> in this form I consider it harmful to our cause.

Prove it.

--
MJR/slef