Amendment: special exception for firmware because of technical limitations

I propose the following amendment to Steve's proposal.

> THE DEBIAN PROJECT therefore,
>
>         1. reaffirms its dedication to providing a 100% free system to our
> users according to our Social Contract and the DFSG; and
>
>         2. encourages authors of all works to make those works available not
> only under licenses that permit modification, but also in forms that make
> such modifications practical; and
>
>         3. supports the decision of the Release Team to require works such as
> images, video, and fonts to be licensed in compliance with the DFSG without
> requiring source code for these works under DFSG #2; and

	4. determines that as a special exception to DFSG #2, the source code
for device firmwares contained in the kernel packages will not be
required as long as there are no other technical means to install and
run the Debian system on these devices.

Rationale: most of us want to release etch ASAP, and most of us want to
remove the firmwares from the kernel ASAP. This is a way that shouldn't
stop the ongoing work on both of these issues. The wording makes it
clear that as soon as the kernel and d-i are able to use split out
firmwares, the migration will have to be done. This way we won't
discourage the work from Nathanael Nerode and other people who worked
hard so far to remove the non-free blobs, and we won't hold etch
development because of that issue.