Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote: [...]
> Our voting mechanism is *clone*proof, preventing multiple identical ballot
> options from influencing the outcome; but it's not proofed against influence
> by toothless variants that will inevitably appeal to a broader constituency
> because they say less of substance.

If you think the Debian voting system handles compound resolutions badly,
then why did you propose one?  Hadn't you noticed that thread before?

I want to read the Debian Voting System (J.Voss?) again before saying
whether or not this is the case, but *if* you have harmed the chances of
your proposal by unnecessarily making it a compound resolution instead
of two independent simple resolutions, then I think that's justice.

Best wishes,
--
MJR/slef