Re: Question to all candidates: What to change?

* Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2006-03-18 22:29:34]:

> Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > It is really nice to think of a DPL performing miracles. If I
> > could perform a Debian-miracle I would
> >
> > "make Debian predictable, purpose driven and a fun and rewarding
> > context to work and spend time in."
>
> It's clear that this requires good communication, but it's also clear
> that several of your communications over the past year have been
> misinterpreted in various ways, occasionally quite severely (such as
> your role in the security team taking on new members, your motivation
> behind wanting a GR on delegations and managing to convince an
> ftp-master that you wanted him to replace another ftp-master).
>
> You've since made it clear what you did mean, but how do you plan on
> ensuring that your communications are clear and precise enough that the
> people involved have fun rather than believing you're trying to do
> damaging things?

Given the amount of communication that went on (one month I spend
~60h on the phone alone, talking to people about various debian
issues) three cases of misunderstandings seem quite neglectible.

I have been and will continue to listen carefully to people, be
friendly, honest and try to explain my motives and background
when suggesting something or asking questions.

I also asked native speakers or people with better writing skills
then I possess for advice and help. I will do so again in the
coming term.

/andreas