Re: Questions to the candidates

Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:

>> > I'm not directly aware of anything important missing at the moment. I
>> > know that we struggled to get packages.d.o running again, but that is
>> > now in hand. When we do have problems, more visibility on the causes
>> > and solutions would be useful - that's where we have had problems in
>> > the past.
>> >
>> > I'll turn the question around - what do _you_ think we're missing or
>> > not maintaining correctly? The services that I need are working OK,
>> > but I'm only one person.
>>
>> - Backups.  This DPL debate has revealed that actually there are some
>>   meanwhile, but it's not yet properly documented, and some important
>
> Where do you want it to be documented?
> There has been an announcement on debian-devel-announce.

At some place where it can be found even if you don't want to look up a
month-old announcement.  What about http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi,
and the developers reference, in the section about "Debian machines"?

> There is technical project-internal documentation as well.

Aha, where?

> There were backups of critical resources before, on my own harddisk, though...

Other people made private backups, too.  Good that this is centralized
now.  Many thanks for your efforts!

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster