Re: Candidate questions: expulsions process

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk>

> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00968.html
>
> For those who can't read -private, Andrew's claims are untrue -
> objections are voiced due to the manner in which Andrew voiced his
> beliefs, not the beliefs in and of themselves.

The belief-based request was in reasonable (if imperfect) voice and
the objections were mostly attacking the suggested action rather
than the manner of expression. Andrew's claims seem true and seem
to have gone unchallenged on -devel. I welcome any DDs reviewing
the -private archive, to see which DPL candidates did what on this.

Matthew Garrett, to support your claim, will you make public any
objection(s) you posted to that August 2005 thread, as an example,
or state that you posted none?

For my part, I did not post to it (travelling and then jet-lagged,
not handling all list mail), which I now think is a shame, given
the disappointing outcomes.

> Nobody believes that
> Andrew should be expelled from the project because he believes that
> death should be a celebration of the fact that somebody is no longer
> constrainted by their mortality.

Well, I'm fairly sure that's not his belief, so believing that would
be pretty stupid. Nice misdirection.

> People believe that Andrew should be
> expelled because he managed to turn a simple notice of the death of a
> Debian contributor into a several hundred message flamewar.

It was not Andrew who started flaming.

--
MJR/slef