Re: question for all candidates

* Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> [2006-03-10 23:23:52]:

> Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I did not ask Joeren for obvious reasons.
>
> What were those obvious reasons? You and Branden stood against each
> other despite agreeing to be on each other's team, so I'm curious as to
> why the same isn't true this year.

It came as a surprise to me to have a contender in my own team
when I returned from my skiing vacation last year. I did not want
a similar situation this year again.

I guess if I win this year and think Joeren could complement my
team with a skill it was still lacking I would ask him.

The good thing about our voting system is that you cant split
votes. By running seperatly (and both being team based) we give
people a wider choice of candiates with teams. That is a good
thing since everyone who thinks he can do this alone without
being just a figure head fools himself and the whole Debian
project. Both he and I understood that and can provide a real
choice to the voters.