Re: Questions for all candidates about developer behavior and abuse

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 04:53:40PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
>Hi,
>
>At what point does a Debian Developer's behavior cross the line from
>annoying to destructive?  At what point should the Developer be removed
>from the project (key removed from keyring, alioth account disabled, and
>blacklisted from mailing lists and the bts)?  As DPL, how would you go
>about the process of removing a Developer from the project (both the
>public, official process, as well as any private/unofficial processes).

Removal of a DD should only be a last resort for damaging
behaviour. Efforts must be taken first to try and repair any damage by
normal means: negotiating an apology and/or promises of better future
behaviour. Only after repeated trouble should the expulsion process
even be considered.

I'd be prepared to start or support the official process of expulsion
if I believed it to be necessary, but that does not need any special
DPL powers.

"I suspect most samba developers are already technically insane... Of
 course, since many of them are Australians, you can't tell." -- Linus Torvalds