Re: Questions to candidate Anthony Towns

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 05:19:09PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The reason I stepped down as release manager wasn't because of any
> accusations per se, but rather because I felt that I lacked support
> in continuing to act as release manager. That impression was built up
> both by the level of disgruntlement from both sides of the debate [1],
> and the lack of interest in either supporting my actions in response
> to the changes, or overruling them by either the DPL or the technical
> committee [2]. That this was then followed up by a proposal for a GR to
> force amd64 not only into the archive but also into sarge convinced me
> that I wasn't likely to be able to much good in continuing.

At the time you seemed to defend your decision really aggressively[1],
although the GR 2004-003 disagreed with your interpretation of the effect
of Editorial amendments GR to sarge.

Looking backwards, do think your decission to implement the GR immeadetly
even thou sarge was already 4 month late was a mistake? What do you think
you have learned from the whole episode? How would you avoid similar
escalation patterns in future?

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/04/msg02074.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/04/msg01929.html