Re: Question to all candidates about the NM process

* Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> [2006-03-07 12:34:05]:

> [In short, if this is such a problem, what have you all been doing in
> your personal capacity as developers to deal with it?]

I was not involved in the NM process actively, just talked to the
respective people to find out what would be required in the
current process to have a procedure for non-packagers like
artists, translators, lawyers etc and trying to motive them to
create those. (Some of those exist already, but I think I didnt
have much to do with their creation.)

Apart from that, your question implies that one has to attempt to
solve every problem in debian yourself, once you notice it. That is
quite impossible.

You have to both prioritize the critical issues over the lesser
ones and decide if *you* are the right person with the right
skills and motivations to engage in that specific problem. If you
decide that you are not the right person you could still try to
find someone else to do the work, but that is an other art
altogether. One that I attempt from time to time, with varing
success.

/andreas