Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 10:38:22AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> [+2 questions from other people]
> > On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 04:39:52PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > > Why does it need to happen directly after r2?
> [+3 questions]
> > Uh, what the hell?
> [+2 things that might be answers]
> > This is why I hate trying to talk about things on Debian lists, for
> > reference.
> Do you think list talks might go more smoothly if you seemed not
> to take questions so personally and made clear what answers what?

All the questions seemed designed to be taken personally to me. I'm not
sure why

> > The reason to do it now is to reduce the potential for delays in future.

is insufficient answer to the question you cite.

> Do you think answering "uh, what the hell?" is "being
> courteous to each other on mailing lists"? (from
> http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/platforms/ajt )

I don't see any problem with it, no -- it's not an attack on anyone,
it's just a (strong) expression of bewilderment... I presume you think
otherwise?

Cheers,
aj