Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006, Marc Haber wrote:
> > > You have four people asking basically the same question, and you
> > > wonder about this?
> >
> > Yes, because _all_ of them leap to the conclusion that I'm trying to delay
> > something, when I'm not.
>
> Because you are not communicating, and the impression that your
> actions make are that you _are_ delaying.

Please stop this rant. Anthony just showed you how often he communicates,
and you still blame him for that.

Anthony's communication may not fit you, but that's something different.

And since I'm the one who initiated this suggestion (when I said
"postponing the point release"), I didn't meant that Anthony was *trying*
to delay the point release just that he decided to get something done at
the same time, and that apparently Joey didn't understand that relation
and their miscommunication resulted in a delay because Joey didn't
understood that he had to reply to another mail to get the point release
out.

Yes, this could have been avoided with better communication, but we're all
*humans* and we do mistakes.

> Yes, the problem that we have with ftpmaster are not solved by better
> communication. They can probably be mitigated, but frankly, I don't
> see that there is any way to solve the ftpmaster issues with the
> current cast of characters.

So, start working on the issues you have identified and get co-opted.
Jeroen and Joerg are the proof that someone can be coopted by ftpmasters
and do useful work inside it...

I don't think that the "current cast of characters" is the problem. They
certainly fail to be very visible and since Anthony communicates, he should
probably try to communicate in the name of the whole FTP-master team, but
this can probably be solved.

Raphaël Hertzog