Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:18:32AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> After following the thread on here on -vote, I have the impression that
>> this fixes something that's not a problem - as it doesn't reduce the
>> work needed to be done by the ftp-team, which seems to be the current
>> bottleneck.
> *shrug* I guess you've got a right to your own impression. Mine differs,
> and I think I've got more to base it on than you do -- or than Joey does
> for that matter.

Well, you could start to explain what work is needed for a stable point
release - it's not really obvious for the average developer who needs to
do what/how much work to release something. If you'd be so nice and give
a short overview about the current process and how your (planned)
changes make it easier to get a point release done, we would all
actually know what we are discussing about.

Perhaps this could be done as first step to documenting the tasks of the
ftp-team, which has been requested more than once in the past.

Marc
--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik - Einfach erklärt
184: MP3