Re: Questions for Jeroen van Wolffelaar and Andreas Schuldei

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Ignoring the question whether Branden was actually providing
> > insufficient leadership:
> >
> > I don't think it'd be particularly well-recieved if someone who, after
> > all, was not elected, would assume leadership. Regardless of the
>
> Hmm, but that's how a team usually works in Debian, most teams are not
> elected and organise themselves.  Many have a "leader" personality who
> is trying to get things done.

Right, and the *leader* was supposed to be Branden. Of course, the team
could have tried to balance Branden's inavailability, but I understand
that it's a difficult thing to do, in particular since that was the first
year that a DPL team was existing.

The DPL team is here to support the current DPL, not to replace it. Would
I be part of a DPL team, I'd like to have the consent of the DPL to do
something in the name of the DPL team.

Raphaël Hertzog