Re: Questions for Jeroen van Wolffelaar and Andreas Schuldei

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 07:33:36PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Thanks for the answers. However, to a large extent they seem to be "We
> didn't fulfil many of our aims last year, but we will this year" and
> justification for that seems to be "I'll be in charge instead of
> Branden". If that's the case, why did you not step up to provide
> leadership within the team when it became clear that Branden wasn't
> providing what you considered to be insufficient leadership?

Ignoring the question whether Branden was actually providing
insufficient leadership:

I don't think it'd be particularly well-recieved if someone who, after
all, was not elected, would assume leadership. Regardless of the
constitutional issues, it was clear that there was some bit of angst
among DD's during last year's campaigning period about that very issue.

It is the elected project leader who's in charge of a team named after
that position. Without having such an amount of trust from the DPL to
actually plainly directly execute leadership on the DPL's behalf, that'd
be a very awkward if not dangerous situation -- I'm not a clone of
Branden, and cannot and don't want to take action exactly like he would
do.

So, concluding, just because I wasn't DPL. Similarly, if you'd elect me,
you'll get me, and not possibly maybe one of the DPL team members whose
names I'll announce in a few days. I'll still allow the DPL team members
to pick up things they want to pick up as far as they can do so without
special privileges, as they see fit.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar