Re: Question to all candidates about the NM process

Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 01:06:37PM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
>> Though there are often threads about problems with it on our mailing
>> lists, the NM process hasn't changed much in the last three or four
>> years. What do you think about the most common problems (takes too
>> long, is asking for too broad knowledge)?
>>
>> Do you think that we need to change the NM checks?
> The main issue is that we are unable to integrate new contributors fast
> enough.

The very large number of people seeking for sponsors seems to suggest
that we are not only not able to integrate contributors, but also that
we haven't been able to integrate their work. Which is, in my eyes, a
far bigger problem, as it keeps people from helping out. At the moment,
I get the impression that many users got the impression that "the
developers" don't want their help.
What do you think about our sponsoring efforts?

> My own opinion is that if an applicant is doing a sizable job in Debian
> already, they should be exempted of much of T&S. They have shown the
> skill to do the work they are more likely to do anyway, and they will
> have time to learn new skills as they need them.

Which leaves the question why these questions are asked in the first
place - are they useless?

Marc
--
BOFH #165: