Re: Questions for Jeroen van Wolffelaar and Andreas Schuldei

* Matthew Garrett (mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk) [060307 20:33]:
> Thanks for the answers. However, to a large extent they seem to be "We
> didn't fulfil many of our aims last year, but we will this year" and
> justification for that seems to be "I'll be in charge instead of
> Branden". If that's the case, why did you not step up to provide
> leadership within the team when it became clear that Branden wasn't
> providing what you considered to be insufficient leadership?

because e.g. they didn't had access to leader@d.o? And also the team
wasn't constructed that way. Andreas (whose plans I know a bit better
for obvious reasons :) wrote in his platform:

|     * Whenever possible, tasks are delegated to the most appropriate
|       team member.
|     * It is a real team. Each member can represent it and communicate the
|       team's viewpoint above personal viewpoints.
|     * [...]
|
| A key issue to the success of the team is the "active delegation". I
| feel this has been under-utilized during the last term and left the rest
| of the team decapitated when the DPL was not at hand. [...]

I think this part of the platform describes some valuable differences
(and is one reasons why I support Andreas this year).

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/