Re: Question to all candidates about stable point releases

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006, Marc Haber wrote:
> I note that it took you 16 days to reply, and that you seem to want to
> build a dependency between a change which is not strictly needed to
> make a point release (if it were needed, why was it possible to
> release 3.1r1?) and 3.1r2. May I ask why?

It seemed obvious to me. If uploads to s-p-u are blocked for approval by
the SRM, this needs to happen just after a point release so that s-p-u is empty
to start with the new system (probably because once a package is in s-p-u,
there's no easy way to remove it and removing manually doesn't make much sense).

(I may be wrong however, I'm not ftpmaster)

Raphaël Hertzog