Re: NM process

Pierre Habouzit wrote:

Le Mar 7 Mars 2006 12:59, Frank Küster a écrit :
I agree with that. What is really painful in the NM queue, as I lived it, is the time between the steps [1]:
[Received application] -> [Application Manager Assigned]

and between :
[Appliaction Manager recommends to DAM] -> Account Created.

I took my NM that is quite recent as an example. It took me almost a YEAR (like in 11 monthes) to have my account:

almost 3 monthes to have an AM
2 days to pass T&S and P&P
5 days more because of a mail of mine, stuck on an SMTP
exactly 8 monthes (WTF !?!?!) to have then my account created.

The pain in the NM queue, is that motivated candidates just can't make it in a couple of weeks, or monthes. I know I was in the NM queue where it was in the worst shape ever. but you can take recent DD's to see it has not changed much (totally random, see [2] e.g. total application took 11 monthes too for a T&S+P&P of less than a month).
<snip>

I would have to agree with this. Both myself and a friend recently got
assigned our AMs, and both of us had been waiting 6 months. I'm happy to
say that my AM handles everything quickly, and I don't feel like the
process is dragging its feet, even though I got the stuff at one of the
worst times for me due to some school stuff being due. However, the 6
month wait was quite long, and I have another long wait to look forward
too once I finish the evaluation.

I guess we need more AMs and DAMs. I don't know of any other way to
solve the issue. Maybe having someone between the two that the DAM
trusts to evaluate the application so DAM review doesn't take so long?

Benjamin