Re: To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven - questions to DPL candidates

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:30:26PM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> Do all of you have many spare hours in your current schedules? Or what
> part of your debian work would get lower priorities if you get elected?

As a student, I'm reasonable flexible in hours to spend on whatever I
like. But well, if elected, I feel obligied to spend a certain amount of
time on DPL-related issues, and this will mean less time for other
areas.

I've got hardly any position/task/whatever that I hold alone, I'm always
working together with others. So I don't forsee real problems. There are
only two packages of mine that have no co-maintainers, and they are
really minor.

> Or are you planning to toss out your TV, dump your girlfriend or hire a
> garden keeper ?

I hardly watch TV, have no girlfriend, nor a garden, so nothing to win
here :).

> If other of your debian work get a lower priority, how would you make
> sure that those tasks get properly done ?

Enable others to help/take over. If that doesn't work, and nobody is
apparantly interested in a certain task, well, then it won't get done.
So is open source life, though, and this is something unavoidable in
volunteer projects like Debian. People scratch their itches, and if some
itch isn't bothering anyone enough to be scratched, it'll remain.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl