Re: Reflections about the questions for the candidates

Frank Küster wrote:
> > * Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2006-03-05 18:48]:
> >> I also asked the DPL a question about backups of the development
> >> machines (after the CVS corruption last year) and never got any answer.
> >
> > FWIW, there is a dedicated backup server now.  I don't know any
> > details though (nor why it was never announced).
>
> So you also don't know what is backed up, and how often?

I've just looked in my archive and have to admit that I indeed
totally forgot to announce this service.  I guess one reason for
the missing announcement is that the machine broke down two weeks
after its installation and the "real" machine proposed for this task
hasn't arrived yet, so we had to go with a backup solution.

The missing announcement is totally my fault, so please don't blame
any DPL for this.  I'll craft a text later to be sent to d-d-a.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.