Re: Questions for all candidates: role models

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 10:38:45PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Which leaves Branden as our current DPL, and in whose term sarge got
> released. I'm not sure how it went on behind the scenes, but Branden and
> Manoj seem to have been responsible for getting the technical committee
> on the road to revitalisation, and I think it's fair to contribute some
> of the security improvements we've had to his attention in the area. One
> area that was particularly impressive was that, post-election, there wasn't
> a "my way or the highway" approach to achieving his goals.

Actually, one thing that I forgot there, that really impressed me (to the
point where I don't at all mind giving it its own post) was Branden's
thanks for the sarge release [0]. I don't think any DPL's done that
before, or at the very least not so clearly and deliberately, and when
I contrast it to Bdale forgetting to mention the release even happened
(!!) [1], well, I'm jealous, what can I say?

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/06/msg00128.html
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/07/msg00002.html