Re: GFDL position statement ballot invalid

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 15:34 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, one could consider that changing the interpretation of a fundation
> document is indeed changing it. This will establish a precedent which you can
> see as an annotation of the DFSG, or whatever they say in legalese.
>
> But in any case, it is without doubt that it will change the spirit of the
> DFSG, and as thus needs a 3:1 super-majority.

If we grant, for the sake of argument, that the secretary is entitled to
make such a ruling, he needs to insist that the wording of Amendment B
(choice 3) be changed to add the rest of the amendment as a third
foundation document.  He should not produce a procedural mess such as
this!

   Do you want to know God?   http://www.lfix.co.uk/knowing_god.html