Re: GFDL GR, vote please!

On 9 Feb 2006, Anton Zinoviev spake thusly:

> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:45:43PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>>
>> [ ] Choice 3: GFDL is DFSG-free and suitable for main in all cases
>> [3:1]
>
> I need to correct this.  The title for my proposal is
>
> [   ] Choice 3: GFDL is compatible with the current DFSG

        Noted.

> First, the whole text of my proposal talks entirely about the
> current DFSG.
>
> Second, my proposal doesn't revoke automatically the decision of the
> release team to remove the GFDL-documents from main.  If my proposal
> wins, it is the release team who will have to change this decision

        Err, that doeds not compute. If the developers decide that the
 GFDL is compatible, then is it not tantamount to overriding gthe
 decision taken? It is not as if the release team can go around doing
 otherwise. The vox populi has power :)

        manoj
--
One seldom sees a monument to a committee.