Re: GFDL GR, vote please!

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:45:43PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> It's probably a little bit hard for folks to find the most important
> bits from the discussion we've had -- since there's been a lot of stuff
> on -vote recently, and a lot more of the discussion has been on -legal
> over the past few years -- so I think it'd be good to have some sort of
> brief Q&A.

Would it be possible that the proposal & amendment submitters could
agree on some text to go along with the call for votes (linked from the
ballot, for example), giving a summary and the key arguments (with links
to threads) for each side?

I think such a brief summary would benefit a lot of people who cannot
spare the time to read all associated text. The Q&A can then either find
hiatusses in this summary and improve it, or if it is held before such
summary is written, can act as a foundation for it (maybe it'll prove
possible to write this summary live during the Q&A).

A key point in getting a popular vote on some issue is, after all,
having the electorate adequately informed about the contents of it. In
Debian it's hardly ever a problem of lacking discussion, but
nevertheless the problem exists in a different form -- lacking an
'exutive' summary of the discussion.

Thank you for considering this,
--Jeroen

--