Re: Anton's amendment

A thought came to me as I was waking up this morning, so it might not be
the best thought-out example, but I thought I'd toss it out and see what
people think.

It seems to me that a secondary section can turn into a non-secondary
section in a modified document.

Suppose that I want to write a document about the Free Software
Foundation.  I might want to take parts of the Emacs manual and turn it
into a chapter on Emacs.  However, since the Emacs manual is under the
GFDL with invariant sections, I would need to include the GNU Manifesto
as an invariant section.  But the primary topic of my document is the
Free Software Foundation, and so the GNU Manifesto can't be considered a
secondary section since it falls very much into my document's overall
subject, so it can't be an invariant section.  So there's no legal way
for me (short of asking the copyright holders for a different license)
to include a chapter derived from the Emacs manual into my document
about the Free Software Foundation.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA