Re: GR proposal: GFDL with no Invariant Sections is free

* Fabian Fagerholm (fabbe@debian.org) [060123 22:44]:
> This General Resolution partly reverts an earlier decision by the
> Release Management team, taken under delegation in accordance with the
> Debian Constitution, to remove all works licensed under the GNU FDL from
> the main section of the Debian archive.

Sorry, but what do you want to change? If you want to revert a
delegates' decision, you need to specify which.

First of all, I doubt that the release team did any decision on that, as
a decision means there is more than one option. According to the
constitution reading of the release team, there is however only one
option. If you disagree with the constitution reading, feel free to
apply to the secretary as per 7.1.3 of the constitution and/or make a GR
to change the constitution.

Also, there are two "decisions" that you could refer to: There is the
"decision" that documents in main needs to adhere to the DFSG (see
http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt). If you think this is
wrong, please make a statement like "The decision in ... that all in
main and contrib must meet the DFSG is reverted for documents (licensed
under the GFDL)".

Or you could refer to the "decision" that the GFDL is considered as
non-DFSG-free. Than please say this.

Or there could be any other meaning of your text.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/