Re: Branden's time commitments (was: Re: followup to my time-management question)

Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org> writes:

> I would argue that xfree86 could be in far better shape; X.Org 6.7.0
> was released in April 2004, 6.8.0 in August 2004 (IIRC), and there have
> been two point releases of 6.8.x since.  Despite the availability of
> xorg packages, Debian is still languishing with XFree86 4.3 (release
> date was February 2003, I believe).

Thanks for the more specific information.  I classified this package
as "could be better", with the understanding that "could be better"
has a wide area of applicability.  I reserved "dismal" for doing of no
essentially no maintenance at all and failing to meet the minimal
obligations in the Maintainer's Guide (to orphan the package if you
cannot maintain it).

I should have noted that xfree86 is not up-to-date with upstream as
you indicate, and I'm sorry for the oversight.

Thomas