Re: Question about Anthony Towns rebutting Branden Robinson

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> [2005-03-17 12:20]:
> > I don't have authorization for spi-private archives right now
> > (which, as an SPI contributing member, I think sucks).
> Why does it not work?

http://members.spi-inc.org/ doesn't let me sign-in with a message
that "The problem is session management failed or timed out."
That may or may not be related to the expired SSL certificate.

Should I still report this directly, or can I leave it with you?

> Did you try going to
> http://lists.spi-inc.org/cgi-bin/listinfo/spi-private, putting your
> email address in the field at the bottom, click on "Unsubscribe and
> edit options" and then choose the "password reminder" option.

No, as I knew my SPI password and there was no indication
the problem was an incorrect password. Further, I thought
I'd unsubscribed from spi-private after a flamewar.

I've now done it and been sent a password which I would swear
that I've never seen or used before and of which I have no record.
I still can't get into the members site, even with that password.

So, I now have access to the list archive. It still smells bad that
some of this affair didn't get reported to SPI's public forums.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.