Re: Question about Anthony Towns rebutting Branden Robinson

Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> wrote:
> This summary leaves out some key elements.

That's a nature of both summary and diplomacy. He didn't mention
that you were organisationally asleep and reacted when you woke up
by trying to exceed your powers. I suspect John wants to avoid any
unnecessary offence to current, future or past SPI board members.

On your summary:

> - Most of Debian's filings are still in a tenuous state, maintained by
> untrained volunteers in residential facilities.

As you wrote yourself, you can't judge the state. I don't think
volunteers and "residential facilities" are necessarily harmful.

If you wanted to be constructive, you could ask SPI to offer
training to the treasurer and deputy. What's relevant for
treasurers of a US volunteer organisation?

> - The situation is largely unchanged from when we had major accounting
> malfunctions and significant lost funds.

"Largely" is a weasel word. I think that the organisation
structure is as tight as it can be without tying people down
or allowing single rogues to hurt things. The structure would
have prevented the past problems with more actors. There's also
work started to make SPI follow relevant guidelines.

> - The spin-control portraying affairs as under control is at least overly
> optimistic and is at worst deceptive.

Yes, I think it's too soon to say "under control". I disagree that
there's much "spin control" though.

--
MJR/slef
Subscribed to this list. No need to Cc, thanks.