Re: a question for all the candidates, but particularly Anthony Towns

Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
We have an existing procedure for dealing with MIA maintainers, which
involves careful looks at their list activity and condition of the
packages.

The subject says "particularly Anthony Towns", because he has
expressed a desire for a greater and more active enforcement of such
things as the mailing list policy, and this seems another similar
area.

Uh, well, it's nice to be famous I guess, but I don't think that's the case at all -- the mailing list issue is about ensuring communication works and solving (what I consider to be) a major defect in the way the project's operating. I don't think MIA maintainers are anywhere near as great a problem as that, although I can certainly understand why it might be an important issue to you.

I'm pretty happy with the way QA are dealing with things like that at the moment; the only thing I'd like to change is to have it be a bit clearer who the QA team actually is, and, ideally, encourage more people to be involved in it.

Cheers,
aj