Question: proposals for users' participation

I'm not a DD, and I've never before written to any debian-lists other than
debian-user. I'm running debian on my home computer here in Brazil for a year
and a half now, and I try to help debian when it's possible (translations for
ddtd, bug reports). I'd like to hear from candidates what can (should) be
made to encourage users active participation. I'd really like to support more
effectively the project, but most of the time I feel my bug reports aren't
precise enough (lack of knowledge), I can't code...

I really don't have any ideas, just a will, and I think I'm not the only
one... I am making an effort to write this email (sorry for my english)
because I think there is little discussion about this topic.

[]s,

Tiago Saboga.