Re: My platform

Op wo, 09-03-2005 te 09:00 +0000, schreef Henning Makholm:
> Scripsit Angus Lees <gus@debian.org>
> > I'm concerned that the long-term goal is going to suffer by forcing
> > users to make the choice between (a) going somewhere else or (b)
> > exposing themselves to poorly supported software from non-free.
>
> "Exposing themselves???" Why do you think the software is
> intrinsically poorer simply because it is in non-free rather than in
> main?

He didn't say that; he said that the software is poorly supported in
non-free. And that is correct:
      * non-free is not autobuilt
      * non-free does not receive security updates
      * non-free does not end up on the CD-ROM images we distribute
        (hence, users installing from CD-ROM because they have a bad
        Internet connection /will/ have problems installing it).

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks