Re: Question for candidate Robinson

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 03:53:17PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > And most DDs have also stopped paying any attention to -legal, so ...
>
> I challenge you to provide data, but it's actually irrelevant,
> as long as we assist those who want our assistence. debian-legal
> is mostly welcoming and willing to help with debian packages. Many
> contributors are actually willing to help with general topics,
> although some would be better on other lists such as -mentors.

Though I am interested in being involved in debian-legal, I am turned
off by Andrew Suffield's description of anyone with a view other than
his own as an "anti-freedom advocate".

debian-legal certainly has an image problem among the rest of the
developers, as some blog entries over the past few months demonstrate.

Branden posted the list of debian-legal's top 10 posters in
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00249.html
4 of the top 6 posters are not developers (according to db.d.o).
Are they professional trouble-makers?

Hamish